HELLO! Come and visit this wonderfully updated home. Open Sat/Sun May 6-7 from 1-4PM. Call us now. 310.980.1545.
Own an architectural showpiece. The jewel of Glassell Park.
Welcome to the Happy Hills home at 3818 Roderick Road.
As you walk in the front door you are greeted by an inviting, warm family room that is flooded with natural light and a peaked ceiling reaching over 11 feet. This room opens through double doors onto a generous deck. But we will get back to that in a moment. This is just the beginning of this spectacular home.
The main floor includes the family room, open kitchen with stainless appliances, formal dining and living rooms along with a bedroom/office and half bath. The bedroom/office has its own Fleetwood® exterior pocket door to the deck, making it the perfect guest bedroom or an office that clients can access without coming through the main house. Walking through the double doors of the family room, you will find a deck that offers plenty of space for lounging, eating and grilling, along with a walk to the “lookout” that gives you inspiring views of the adjacent hills, valley and even the skyscrapers downtown (you can catch the Fourth of July fireworks at Dodgers Stadium from your own “perch”). At night, the deck is illuminated by an original, site-specific sculptural fence designed and created by L.A. architect Robert Ley.
A hundred plus guests can easily be entertained on the three levels of interior and exterior spaces. There is even a bocce court located on the lower level, adjacent to the garden. Brazilian Mahogany and French, White Oak floors throughout.
Downstairs, you will find the private spaces of the home. The master suite provides an accommodating space that includes a sitting area, an enormous walk-in closet and 16-foot pocketing Fleetwood® glass doors that open an entire wall to create a boundary-less relationship between the master bedroom and your own secluded patio. The patio is complete with an outdoor shower and ample privacy. The master bath is a celebration of form and function. Based on Japanese wet rooms, the entire space is framed in a rare stone and includes an oversized soaking tub and rain shower. Two more bedrooms, a full bath, laundry/mudroom, two linen closets and ample storage room complete the lower level of this home.
The third level of the home includes a two-room studio with closet and design plans for an apartment/mother-in-law living space. It also makes for a private art or music studio with natural light and a Dutch door that opens to the shaded backyard.
The grounds of this home have been abundantly and meticulously landscaped. The backyard is completely private with a fully mature Bay hedge. Lemon and Lime trees. Drought tolerant plantings, raised planting beds, adult shade trees, Bocce ball court, decomposed Granite patio, and a play structure and sand pit for a child . . . or the child in you.
This home has “owned” solar panels (no monthly rental costs!) and a gray water system (among the first to be granted a permit by the city of Los Angeles). Dual zone heat and air. Tankless water heater. All new windows and doors. Fresh paint throughout. Integrated Creston entertainment system with Orb® speakers is wired throughout the property and allows you to get your groove on, inside or out.
3818 Roderick Rd. Fantastic Feature List:
· Brazilian Mahogany and French, white Oak floors throughout
· Solar energy you fully own (no rental fees)
· Gray water system – Among the first to be issued a permit in Los Angeles!
· Drought tolerant, yet lush landscaping
· City views (including being able to watch Dodger Stadium 4th of July fireworks)
· Three levels of outdoor entertaining space
· Integrated Creston sound system throughout house and outdoor spaces
· Italian kitchen cabinetry with Corian countertops
· Roll-top cabinet with hidden outlets to keep your favorite appliances in the kitchen plugged in but out of sight
· Master bath design based on Japanese wet rooms (tub and shower in a separate room)
· Fully outfitted master walk-in closet
· Dutch doors
· Outdoor shower
· Hidden utility sink in laundry area
· Tankless hot water system
· Circulating hot water system
· Instant water filtration system
· Abundant storage
· New paint throughout
· Copper plumbing
· Backyard is completely private with fully mature Bay hedge
· Landscape water system
· Raised bed garden
· Bocce Ball court
· Architectural-sculptural polycarbonate UV-coated fence by LA architect Robert Ley which lights up at night for additional lighting on deck.
· Integrated solar umbrellas on middle deck
· Studio space with two rooms and a closet area with proposed apartment plans (not included in square footage)
· Dual climate heat and A/C
· Custom, panoramic windows
· Custom, hidden lighting in Family Room
· Beams, peaked ceiling and skylights that are fully operational
· Outdoor lighting
· Water feature (positioned for good luck!)
· Carport for two cars
· Recessed lighting throughout
· Ceiling fans
· Glass Demi wall detail to open stairwell up for light and airiness
· The perfect house for entertaining -- can hold 100 people easily with room for more
· Upstairs bedroom is fitted with built-in shelving/storage/desk space to be used easily as a bedroom or an office
· Downstairs master bedroom with modern window nook, master bath, walk-in closet. Wired for motorized window coverings.
· 16 foot door which opens entirely and pockets into the walls to create a true outdoor/indoor, wall-less space
· Two other downstairs bedrooms have generous closet spaces with built-ins that you can customize to your own needs.
· Decomposed granite patio space in backyard
· Play structure and sand pit for a child or the child in you
· Star Jasmine-lined outdoor steps that look beautiful and smell even better : )
· upstairs bedroom/office has its own door to the deck making it the perfect guest bedroom or an office that clients can access without coming through the main house.
· Double glass doors open from the family room onto the generous deck with plenty of room for lounging, eating and grilling -- along with a walk out to the “crows nest” lookout that gives you inspiring views of the hills, valley and even the skyscrapers downtown
· All crawl spaces are plastic lined
· “Sound” drywall provides increased sound dampening
· Shear walls and reinforced foundation
· Crestron® smart home equipment
· Newly carpeted stairs
· New sewer and gas connections to city lines
· All exterior walls insulated with pure bond, blue-jean, environmental insulation